Saturday 4 August 2012

Thrift Store Blog Hop Reveal

A huge Hello on this rainy Saturday morning, it's the day of Pookledo's thrift store blog hop reveal.
This challenge really appealed to me in terms of upcycling and creating new jewellery out of old and of course the added twist of sourcing the main component from a charity shop or thrift store without spending more than a pound - who doesn't love hunting for bargains!

I found an old brooch which I think is silver although it's not hall marked. It has loops at the end of the bow so I think it had a second part which has gone missing.
Here's what it looked like when I polished it up...

And here's what I made...of course it had to have hearts!

To see the rest of the thrift store participants, visit Pookledo's blog here

This blog hop was great fun, please be sure to visit the others.

10 comments:

  1. haha! How fun! :)

    And thankyou for taking part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pendant you made here! Too bad there is no arrow pointing to the heart, but the composition is great!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired! Very nice, love the red. I'm glad I'm not the only one who make's what I like and ignore's the 'in' colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! Knowing that something is missing makes my brain start churning out ideas on what it could possibly have been...or try to since It's coming up blank >.< lol
    Beautiful piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful this is. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a really lovely necklace, so envious of your wire wrapping skills. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love it!
    I was left off the list of participants.

    http://deelitefuljewelrycreations.blogspot.com/2012/08/thrift-store-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet pendant you found! I love the necklace, and that wire wrapped circle is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one chubby cheeked cherub ;) teehee... Ehem I love that you gave him a heart and target to direct his aim at

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi all,
    Have a wonderful day.

    Jewellery Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you...